Thursday, October 8, 2009

Kanelbullens Dag, North American style

This past weekend we had a sudden transition into what passes for fall out here--a breeze picked up, temperatures went down, the air was positively crisp. No leaves changing color, but I'll take what I can get. In short, the weather was perfect for a little fall baking:



This here is the beginning of a seriously delicious batch of cinnamon rolls. Not just any cinnamon rolls though. Pumpkin cinnamon rolls. With cranberries and walnuts. Sounds delicious, no? They look delicious also:

And they are even MORE delicious if you take it a step further and top them off with a maple glaze:

Yum. Recipe, you ask? Well....I don't exactly have one yet. I used this recipe on the King Arthur Flour blog as a loose inspiration, but I made some definite changes. Mainly, I turned the recipe vegan, but I also played around with the spices and the dry:wet ingredients ratio. My one complaint about cinnamon rolls (in general) is that they can be VERY dry, which I do not care for at all. So I had to do some tweaking to make sure these rolls came out moist. I did make some notes on my modifications, but I'm going to need to make these at least once more before I've got things down and have a real recipe to share. Which means that this fall, I'm going to be having a lot more breakfasts like this:

Can't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment